New to ACE reports? Finding them difficult to navigate? Here are some suggestions to help keep your company and your broker(s) compliant with trade laws.
The canned reports in ACE are an excellent place to start:
Of these, the AM 008, Entry Summary Line Detail Report, is particular helpful for managing imports. There is a significant level of detail, so it is especially helpful if you oversee multiple IORs, allowing you to compare volume, ports of entry, HTS codes, etc. Additionally, it serves as a robust tool to support internal audits.
Also beneficial to grab a snapshot of import activity are:
- AM 009, Summary of Mfr Code by Value Report
- This report can be used to determine the total dollar amount imported from individual manufacturers and can assist in monitoring contractors.
- It can also be used as a starting point for C-TPAT review of suppliers.
- AM 010 - Summary of HTS Nbrs by Value Report
- This report can be used to monitor Harmonized Tariff Schedule (HTS) number(s) use by filer and to detect systemic problems in classification or use of special trade programs.
For additional resources, please see our recent blog post on this topic, as well as CBP’s resource page on ACE reporting.