GTNexus has just published a free white paper, “Visibility in the Inbound Supply Chain: Finding a Clear Competitive Advantage as Complexity Grows.”
The key takeaway of the report:
The companies that are gaining a competitive edge are the ones investing in technology that can greatly improve inbound visibility and best address the current challenges in the market. They’re using systems that provide end-to-end visibility into inventory and supply chain activity across the globe.
Some of the many advantages of increased visibility, besides the elimination of outdated manual processes, include:
- Increasing supplier collaboration
- Improving supply chain agility and reducing inventory
- Reducing transportation spend
- Tracking actual landed costs as they accrue
- Meeting regulatory compliance requirements and streamlining the customs process
The CustomsNow™ ACE-compliant SaaS solutions can help achieve these benefits, especially improvements in customs compliance, release processing, and visibility to the Customs and Partner Government Agency (PGA) status. For example:
- By filing entries directly, importers have immediate access to the current status of their import shipments – specifically, visibility to CBP holds (both compliance and security related), PGA holds, and more.
- For certain types of holds, these importers are better positioned to ensure that the agency has the information needed to make an admissibility decision.
- Direct filers are able to run AMS queries to verify clearance and avoid delivery delays.
- Provides a real-time electronic (paperless) system that provides immediate proof of U.S. Customs and (as available) PGA cargo release for entries filed in ACE
- Container freight stations (CFS), bonded warehouses, terminal facilities, and freight forwarders need this. Non-automated parties MUST get automated to obtain electronic proof of CBP and PGA release.
Contact us today to learn more!
Click here to download the GT Nexus visibility white paper (site registration required)